Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Praveen Yarlagadda <pr...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/20 01:39:40 UTC

Concurrent Mappers

Hello all,

Is it possible to run mappers concurrently using the new API? Using old API,
I used to do that by setting the following:

jobConf.setMapRunnerClass(ConcurrentMapper.class);

ConcurrentMapper implementation is similar to how Fetcher works in Nutch. I
couldn't find the similar call in the new API. If anybody knows how to do
that using new API, please let me know.

Thanks,
Praveen

Re: Concurrent Mappers