Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Dave Tenerowicz <dt...@salmonllc.com> on 2007/08/21 19:01:21 UTC

ms sql server 2005 /ofBiz : shoppinglist issue

We are still having issues with ofBiz and SQL Server 2005. Basically the
issue is that the automatic shopping list service does not run after we
change the db from Derby to SQL Server.
If we force the "runShoppingListAutoReorder" process to run, it seems to
hang. The process will run forever, as if waiting for input. Although we
can resolve the issue temporarily  by commenting some sections of
createListReorders in shoppingListServices.java, this is not a real
solution.

Does anyone have any experience using SQL Server with ofBiz, or have any
idea what could be going on here?

Thanks!

Dave Tenerowicz

--
Dave Tenerowicz
dtenerowicz@salmonllc.com

Office: 303.493.6727
Mobile 303.906.6116
Fax 303.814.8330

Visit us at http://www.salmonllc.com

Re: ms sql server 2005 /ofBiz : shoppinglist issue

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
the best way I debugged SQL sever was to use the SQL tools provide with
the server and see what ofbiz is sending and what the server is
responding with.

Dave Tenerowicz sent the following on 8/21/2007 10:01 AM:

Posted by Dave Tenerowicz <dt...@salmonllc.com>.
We've used two - the Microsoft driver and JTDS. The Microsoft driver
created even more problems. David Jones had recommended JTDS, so we have
settled on that.

Posted by Vince Clark <vc...@globalera.com>.