Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Soumitra Mazumder <so...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/22 12:15:25 UTC

Connecting to remote UIMA Process from Solr 6.3

Hi,
I  have following requirement for calling UIMA annotators from Solr. Can
you please help or guide me to some documentation for the same.

*1) Apache UIMA will run as a separate process in a remote server2) Solr
will send the document text Apache UIMA3) UIMA will send back the
Annotators4) Solr needs to index the response applying some patterns.*
In my case UIMA  and Solr might run on two different physical machine. I
am going to use UIMA 2.9 and Solr 6.3
Regards
Soumitra

Re: Connecting to remote UIMA Process from Solr 6.3

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
how is the remote UIMA server intended to run ? What's the API ?
If you run UIMA using UIMA-DUCC or UIMA-AS that could be done by enhancing
the current URP, otherwise you probably need to write your own processor
(perhaps based on the existing one).

Regards,
Tommaso

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.