Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Régis Millet <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/15 17:28:36 UTC

date formatting issue

Hello!

I have a cocoon field, formated like that :

fd:datatype base="date">

<fd:convertor type="formatting" lenient="true">

<fd:patterns>

<fd:pattern>dd/MM/yyyy</fd:pattern>

</fd:patterns>

</fd:convertor>

</fd:datatype>

My problem is that, when i input a non-valid date, it is accepted.

for example, if I input "32/12/2001", it is accepted as "01/01/2002".  does
anyone know a way to correct this?
Thanks a lot.

RE: date formatting issue

Posted by "Linden H van der (MI)" <H....@MI.unimaas.nl>.
Hi,

that's because your lenient setting is set to true, which recalculates the date exactly the way you describe. Set lenient to false and you should get an error.

Bye, Helma