Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Ing. Damiano Bolla" <da...@infotechsrl.it> on 2002/09/27 12:19:22 UTC

Re: Tomcat 4.1.12 memory leak, resources leak, what to do ?

Thanks to all that have replied, the problem is still here and what follows
are the tests I did
To clear the issue here it is what I am doing

----------
- Clean install of redhat 7.2 or Suse 7.1 (same results for both platforms)
- Clean installation of tomcat 4.1.12
- Clean installation if JDK 1.4.1 (the same happens with 1.4.0.2 or 1.3.1)
- What I am doing is http://localhost:8080/  and keep refreshing that with F5
- I am NOT testing my own servlet. I am NOT doing anything else !!!

I monitor memory usage using top and sorting the results by memory. I am
looking at the SIZE column.
What I get is an EVER INCREASING memory usage. Something like
30212
30220
31016
31040
31576

I did try the various suggestions and as far as I can tell it is not a
pure  memory issue but it probably is a resource issue, maybe a file not
closed or a socket .......
The question, what should I do next ?
Who should I report the problem to ?

I must say that it is very easy to reproduce.....

Damiano