Posted to general@xml.apache.org by "Siddhartha Chandurkar (EHPT)" <Si...@ehpt.com> on 2001/05/03 15:10:02 UTC

Modifying Xml Document

Hi all,
I want to upadate a value of an element. for example
<test>hallo></test>. I would like to change the value from 'hallo' to 'bye'.
Can anyone please help me regarding this. I am being able to parse and read
but i am not being able to modify
I am using Apache's parser
thanks & regards,
/Siddhartha

Re: Modifying Xml Document

Posted by James Melton <ja...@cylogix.com>.
The most common problem I've seen is that of locating an element node
and trying to change it. Instead you need to locate the text node that
is the child of the "test" element node and change that text node. In
any case more details are needed to determine your actual problem.

Good luck,
Jim.