Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com> on 2009/08/20 22:07:07 UTC

Compile error on Ode trunk

Anybody getting the same?

Packaging apache-ode-docs-2.1-SNAPSHOT.zip
Compiling ode-extensions:e4x into
/home/boisvert/svn/ode/trunk/extensions/e4x/target/classes
Compiling ode-extensions:e4x:test into
/home/boisvert/svn/ode/trunk/extensions/e4x/target/test/classes
/home/boisvert/svn/ode/trunk/extensions/e4x/src/test/java/org/apache/ode/extension/e4x/JSOperationTest.java:49:
run(java.lang.Object,java.lang.String,org.w3c.dom.Element) in
org.apache.ode.bpel.rtrep.common.extension.AbstractSyncExtensionOperation
cannot be applied to
(org.apache.ode.test.MockExtensionContext,org.w3c.dom.Element)
        jso.run(c, e);

alex

Re: ODE 1.3.x dependencies

Posted by Karthick Sankarachary <sa...@intalio.com>.
> > ODE 1.3.x is based on:
> >
> > 1) lib\saxon-9.x.jar
> > Which version is it exactly? Is it possible to change this dependency to
> > the most current version? With concrete version number.

This library is based on the saxon-9.1.0.2.jar, and contains a patch for a
issue that we raised and was resolved by Michael Kay. Given that the most
current version should now have that patch as well, it is possible to depend
on that instead. However, the process of upgrading versions involves (a)
adapting our saxon extensions to any changes in interfaces, (b) resolving
any regressions in test cases that involve XPath and XSLT, not to mention
the BPEL <assign> activity, and (c) upgrading the designer to the most
current version, just to make sure that it is on the same page as the
server. As you can tell, this is not a trivial effort, which is why we don't
upgrade saxon every time a new release comes out.

Best Regards,
Karthick Sankarachary

RE: ODE 1.3.x dependencies

Posted by "Nowakowski, Mateusz" <Ma...@sabre-holdings.com>.
>> 2) lib\openjpa-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
>> > This version depends on the time smb builds ODE.
>> > What is more the version is "not blessed"  and it may disqualify
ODE >for
>> > production purposes. Even if it is not used for some scenarios, it
is
>> > hard to explain bosses that ODE is predictable and safe.
>> >
>> > Is there any concrete reason why this version is used? (in ODE 1.2
it >was
>> > openjpa-1.1.0).
>> >
>> > Is it possible to fallback this dependency to openjpa-1.2.1? (most
>> current
>> > "blessed" version)
>>

>> It was due to a bug in openjpa-1.2.0.  I don't have the details right
now.
>> Matthieu would know best.
>>

>Yeah, I don't remember what exactly but 1.2.0 was broken for us. I
haven't
>tried 1.2.1, it probably include the fixes that made 1.3 work for us so
>would give it a try.
>
>Matthieu

Thanks a lot!

http://axion.tigris.org/releases/1.0M3/release-notes.html
> > is said that "There is no official 1.0 Milestone 3 release of Axion"
and
> > this version is a development version as well.
> > So there is a similar risk as for openjpa snapshot version.
> > So my question is: is it possible to get rid of this dependency
somehow?
> > Is axion used for anything?
>

> No, AFAIK.  We had a similar discussion a while back...
> http://markmail.org/message/4l4a6ldnw6hq3zyl
>
> I'll nuke it.
>
> alex

Thanks a lot again!

--
Regards
Mateusz Nowakowski

Re: ODE 1.3.x dependencies

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com> wrote:

> (I dropped user@ode.apache.org)
>
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 3:10 AM, Nowakowski, Mateusz <
> Mateusz.Nowakowski@sabre-holdings.com> wrote:
>
> > I've written similar mail some time ago, but this one covers the subject
> > in more detail.
> >
> > ODE 1.3.x is based on:
> >
> > 1) lib\saxon-9.x.jar
> > Which version is it exactly? Is it possible to change this dependency to
> > the most current version? With concrete version number.
>

> Karthick?
>
> 2) lib\openjpa-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
> > This version depends on the time smb builds ODE.
> > What is more the version is "not blessed"  and it may disqualify ODE for
> > production purposes. Even if it is not used for some scenarios, it is
> > hard to explain bosses that ODE is predictable and safe.
> >
> > Is there any concrete reason why this version is used? (in ODE 1.2 it was
> > openjpa-1.1.0).
> >
> > Is it possible to fallback this dependency to openjpa-1.2.1? (most
> current
> > "blessed" version)
>

> It was due to a bug in openjpa-1.2.0.  I don't have the details right now.
> Matthieu would know best.

Yeah, I don't remember what exactly but 1.2.0 was broken for us. I haven't
tried 1.2.1, it probably include the fixes that made 1.3 work for us so I
would give it a try.

Matthieu

RE: ODE 1.3.x dependencies

Posted by "Nowakowski, Mateusz" <Ma...@sabre-holdings.com>.
>On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 3:10 AM, Nowakowski, Mateusz <
>Mateusz.Nowakowski@sabre-holdings.com> wrote:
>
>> I've written similar mail some time ago, but this one covers the
subject
>> in more detail.
>>
>> ODE 1.3.x is based on:
>>
>> 1) lib\saxon-9.x.jar
>> Which version is it exactly? Is it possible to change this dependency
>> the most current version? With concrete version number.
>

>Karthick?

Any reply on that?

--
Regards
Mateusz Nowakowski

Re: ODE 1.3.x dependencies

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.

ODE 1.3.x dependencies

ODE 1.3.x dependencies

Re: Compile error on Ode trunk

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
Thanks for the fix.

It appears buildr only packages the first project ("ode") by default;  I'm
not sure if this is by design.

In any case, I've just updated the Buildfile to also package ode-extensions
by default so we're covered now.

alex

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,