Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jorge Walendowsky Filho <wf...@sefin.pb.gov.br> on 2004/03/19 14:35:50 UTC

My session is getting null

Can anyone explain me how a session object becomes null after I use it on the
same page and don't reassign its value to null.

I'm using the JBoss 3.2.3 in HP-UX 11 on the server side and Internet
Explorer 5.5+ and Windows 2k Professional on the client side.

Sample code:
<%
Object firstAttribute = session.getAttribute("firstAttribute");
%>
// A bit of html.
<%
Object secondAttribute = session.getAttribute("secondAttribute");
%>

On the second call to session.getAttribute, I got a NullPointerException.
How? Why?

Jorge Walendowsky Filho
SCBCD - SCJP