Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Stuart D. Robertson II" <sr...@nvisia.com> on 2005/06/03 16:50:18 UTC

RDC: Let's get grammars working with Nuance

Hello,

I'm sending this to see if we can coordinate any efforts to get
RDC
grammars working with both nuance and IBM's voice server.  Steve
and Daniel have put some effort into getting RDC grammars to
work with Nuance (see previous threads in this newsgroup).  If I
understand correctly from following the taglibs-dev threads, it
seems the issues are pretty well understood, and a workaround
has been found.  If the remaining bits are to simply go through
the  grammars and make the changes, I'd like to help, if needed,
to get the changes made.

Getting RDCs working with nuance would pave the road for
a slick top-to-bottom tutorial for developers.  The free
interpreter
hosting (for development) site that I've found so far is at
http://
community.voxeo.com .  If there are others, I'd love to know
about
them.  Anyway, I quickly found that I run in to the exact same

problem Daniel and Steve have been working on.

Is there more work to be done to get the grammar changes made
and
tested?  If so, would help be useful?  I'll have some time to
work on this.  But I'm not sure where to start, and certainly
don't want to do things that others are already working on.

Cheers,

Stu

Re: RDC: Let's get grammars working with Nuance

Posted by Rahul P Akolkar <ak...@us.ibm.com>.
Stu - Replies below.

srobertson@nvisia.com (Stuart D. Robertson II) wrote on 06/03/2005
10:50:18 AM:

> Hello,
>
> I'm sending this to see if we can coordinate any efforts to get
> RDC  grammars working with both nuance and IBM's voice server.
<snip/>
> If the remaining bits are to simply go through
> the  grammars and make the changes, I'd like to help, if needed,
> to get the changes made.

Yes, those are the remaining bits, and thanks for offering to help. Help
is always welcome.

> Getting RDCs working with nuance would pave the road for
> a slick top-to-bottom tutorial for developers.  The free
> interpreter hosting (for development) site that I've found so far
> is at http://community.voxeo.com . If there are others, I'd love
> to know about them.
<snap/>

Agreed, such free hosting will potentially increase our dev base. Thanks
for the pointer. I'm not aware of any other sites that allow such hosting,
maybe we should ask on the w3 voice forum. There is [
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openvxi/ ] and [
http://jvoicexml.sourceforge.net/ ], but I haven't looked at either in any
detail to tell you what they're all about ;-)

> Is there more work to be done to get the grammar changes made
> and tested?  If so, would help be useful?  I'll have some time to
> work on this. But I'm not sure where to start, and certainly
> don't want to do things that others are already working on.
<snip/>

I think Daniel wanted to help [
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=taglibs-dev&m=111514547816399&w=2 ]. I'm
happy to chip in, if needed. I think when we hear back from Daniel, we
should divide the grammars and conquer this. We might then include those
in the distro, and pick up the appropriate grammar based on the locale
variant.

Daniel, are you there? :-)

-Rahul