Posted to users@shindig.apache.org by "Joshi, Hemant" <He...@AIG.com> on 2015/04/29 15:55:47 UTC

How to setup per user preference in Shindig?

Hi,
  I am new to Shindig and have installed it as Root in my Tomcat server. After that I am able to retrieve the widgets using the following url. However the widgets are gone once I close the browser so it's not saving the user preference.

localhost:8080/containers/commoncontainer/index.html#

By going through its documentation, I have a feeling that it has another url where I can login with a user ID and save per user preference widgets which will remain saved once the user logs out and log back in (the same way Apache Rave does). However there is no clear documentation mentioning it.

Could you please clarify if Shindig does have per user preference option or is it something we may have to build our self?

Hemant Joshi

RE: How to setup per user preference in Shindig?

Posted by "Joshi, Hemant" <He...@AIG.com>.
Thanks Ryan for quick help.

Is there any commercial opensocial container available with per user preference option in market ? I looked into Apache Rave which is good. However it's not production ready yet so can't really use it in production. There are few enterprise social platforms available which does have such containers. However it's available as complete package and we don't need the complete social platform. I am just looking for the stand alone container which can be used in my application.

Or if someone has built it in Shindig in this mailing list and can share it? It will save some time for us.

I saw a similar mail thread in this mailing list in Feb-2012 however did not get any option in that also.

Appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Hemant Joshi, PMP

Shindig does not have a persistent preference store out of the box.  It is up to the implementor to add this if they need it.

-Ryan

Posted by Ryan Baxter <rb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hemant,