Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com> on 2001/02/28 04:18:56 UTC

apr_bucket_init_types?

Why do we need an array of all the bucket types, and therefore
apr_bucket_init_types() and apr_bucket_insert_type()?  I seem to recall
that this was necessary in the very early days of the bucket API.  But I
can't see any reason to keep them anymore.  (The error bucket gets by
without registering its type, for example.)  Nothing uses the array that
gets built.  Can anyone think of a reason I shouldn't delete the array and
these two functions?

--Cliff

Re: apr_bucket_init_types?

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
It's a bit moot now :-) .. but yah: they can/should be tossed. Good eye.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: apr_bucket_init_types?

Posted by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com>.
On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> Nothing uses the array that gets built.  Can anyone think of a reason
> I shouldn't delete the array and these two functions?

Alright, they're going away.  apr_bucket_insert_type() doesn't even work
right.  (The second assignment should be to *newone, not newone.)  =-)

    const apr_bucket_type_t **newone;
    newone = (const apr_bucket_type_t **)apr_array_push(bucket_types);
    newone = &type;

--Cliff