Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Dennis Byrne <de...@apache.org> on 2008/01/11 22:45:44 UTC

MyFaces/Facelets Book Author

We are currently writing a book called "The Definitive Guide to Apache
MyFaces & Facelets" for Apress Publishing. When published it will become the
first book focused on designing, developing and deploying applications built
on the MyFaces family of projects.

    * JSF (General Overview)
    * MyFaces (General Overview)
    * Tomahawk (Covers major components & context of use)
    * Trinidad
    * Tobago
    * Facelets
    * Orchestra
    * MyFaces Anti-Patterns

We have already received fantastic contributions from the MyFaces community
for the above submissions and it has been a very rewarding exercise so far.
At this time, we have approximately 280 pages of "Technical Review Round 1"
material. Our goal is to provide a comprehensive guide to all developers,
beginner & up, that are interested in leveraging MyFaces-related
technologies. We are well on the way to doing that, as the subject matter
list above would indicate.

Unfortunately, some unforeseen circumstances have resulted in one of our
lead authors to back out of the project leaving a place open for an aspiring
writer to join into the mix and close this publication out. This is a
fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to make a mark on the publishing
scene and giving back to a fantastic community and the foundation it belongs
to.

The potential author will be responsible for closing out the Apache Tomahawk
chapter (we have a draft version, but it needs work for it to be of value to
a reader) and polish up the introduction chapters for JSF/MyFaces. We are
looking for a person who can commit significant time over the coming 4 weeks
to close this book out and release for publication.

If interested, you can contact me and we can discuss contractual details. We
look forward to closing this out and publishing a book worthy of the MyFaces
community and the people that contribute to it.

Dennis Byrne