Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by sgjava <sg...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/07 22:48:31 UTC

Using basic auth with tomee-embedded

How you you use basic auth with TomEE Embedded? Any examples out there? This
is basically what I use for testing:

    /**
     * Start EJB container. Create configuration, cache client and EJB
     * container.
     */
    @BeforeClass
    public static void setUpClass() {
        try {
            log.info("setUpClass()");
            // Call super setUpClass
            BaseTest.setUpClass();
            // Get configuration
            final Configuration config = getConfiguration();
            final Map p = new HashMap();
            p.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
                    "org.apache.openejb.core.LocalInitialContextFactory");
            p.put("openejb.embedded.initialcontext.close ", "DESTROY");
            p.put("openejb.embedded.remotable", "true");
            p.put(EJBContainer.APP_NAME, "masblaster");
            p.put(EJBContainer.PROVIDER, "tomee-embedded");
            // Add WAR and MDB modules
            p.put(EJBContainer.MODULES, new File[]{Archive.archive().copyTo(
                "WEB-INF/classes", jarLocation(OdnService.class)).asDir()});
            // Random port
            p.put(EmbeddedTomEEContainer.TOMEE_EJBCONTAINER_HTTP_PORT,
"-1");
            container = EJBContainer.createEJBContainer(p);
        } catch (ConfigurationException e) {
            log.error(e.getMessage());
        }
    }

Re: Using basic auth with tomee-embedded

Posted by Steve Goldsmith <sg...@gmail.com>.
Perfect, thanks!

--
Steven P. Goldsmith

Re: Using basic auth with tomee-embedded

Posted by sgjava <sg...@gmail.com>.
OK, I'm using the web.xml and:

            configuration = new Configuration().randomHttpPort();
            final Map<String, String> userMap = new HashMap<>();
            userMap.put("tomcat", "password");
            configuration.setUsers(userMap);
            final Map<String, String> roleMap = new HashMap<>();
            roleMap.put("my-role", "tomcat");
            configuration.setRoles(userMap);
            container = new Container();
            container.setup(configuration);
            container.start();
            container.deployClasspathAsWebApp("/apppath/", null);
            log.debug(String.format("TomEE embedded started on %s:%s",
                    configuration.getHost(), configuration.getHttpPort()));

The org.apache.tomee.embedded.Container is ignoring the web.xml:

    <security-constraint>
        <web-resource-collection>
            <web-resource-name>Protected Resource</web-resource-name>
            <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
        </web-resource-collection>
        <auth-constraint>
            <role-name>my-role</role-name>
        </auth-constraint>
    </security-constraint>

    <login-config>
        <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
        <realm-name>My Realm</realm-name>
    </login-config>

    <security-role>
        <role-name>my-role</role-name>
    </security-role>

Re: Using basic auth with tomee-embedded

Posted by sgjava <sg...@gmail.com>.
It will never make it into the method to debug:

    @Path("/somepath")
    @POST
    public final Response getSomeData(final MyDto myDto, @Context final
HttpServletRequest rerquest) {

Re: Using basic auth with tomee-embedded

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
maybe debug and check
http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/api/javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest.html#isUserInRole(java.lang.String)

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>

Posted by sgjava <sg...@gmail.com>.
OK, web.xml is being picked up now, but I get javax.ws.rs.ForbiddenException:
HTTP 403 Forbidden using:

            configuration = new Configuration().randomHttpPort();
            final Map<String, String> userMap = new HashMap<>();
            userMap.put("tomcat", "password");
            configuration.setUsers(userMap);
            final Map<String, String> roleMap = new HashMap<>();
            roleMap.put("my-role", "tomcat");
            configuration.setRoles(roleMap);
            container = new Container();
            container.setup(configuration);
            container.start();
            container.deployClasspathAsWebApp("/project/", new File(
                    "src/main/webapp"));

Re: Using basic auth with tomee-embedded

Posted by Steve Goldsmith <sg...@gmail.com>.
OK, cool, I knew you'd know how to fix it, thanks!

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 3:28 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> deployClasspathAsWebApp uses the classpath so either use
> .securityConstaint() or add your web.xml to the classpath. In
> deployClasspathAsWebApp() you can set the base (src/main/webapp) instead of
> null as well.
>

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> <http://www.tomitribe.com>

> > Right, it deploys fine as a compressed war to TomEE stand-alone. I'm only
> > having a problem running with test Container using exploded war with
> > container.deployClasspathAsWebApp("/project/", null); It doesn't pick up
> > security-constraint, but the rest of the app works fine.
> >

> > --

Steven P. Goldsmith

Re: Using basic auth with tomee-embedded

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
so then you need to deploy your actual WAR with web.xml inside as usual.

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
it is,

is your web.xml in src/main/resources/META-INF/resources/WEB-INF or is
webapp base set properly?

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>

Posted by sgjava <sg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Goldsmith <sg...@gmail.com>.
Excellent!

--
Steven P. Goldsmith

Re: Using basic auth with tomee-embedded

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

> OK, I'm using the web.xml and:
>
>             configuration = new Configuration().randomHttpPort();
>             final Map<String, String> userMap = new HashMap<>();
>             userMap.put("tomcat", "password");
>             configuration.setUsers(userMap);
>             final Map<String, String> roleMap = new HashMap<>();
>             roleMap.put("my-role", "tomcat");
>             configuration.setRoles(userMap);
>             container = new Container();
>             container.setup(configuration);
>             container.start();
>             container.deployClasspathAsWebApp("/apppath/", null);
>             log.debug(String.format("TomEE embedded started on %s:%s",
>                     configuration.getHost(), configuration.getHttpPort()));
>
> The org.apache.tomee.embedded.Container is ignoring the web.xml:
>
>     <security-constraint>
>         <web-resource-collection>
>             <web-resource-name>Protected Resource</web-resource-name>
>             <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>         </web-resource-collection>
>         <auth-constraint>
>             <role-name>my-role</role-name>
>         </auth-constraint>
>     </security-constraint>
>
>     <login-config>
>         <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
>         <realm-name>My Realm</realm-name>
>     </login-config>
>
>     <security-role>
>         <role-name>my-role</role-name>
>     </security-role>

If you are not using the snapshot yes otherwise it shouldnt

Posted by Steve Goldsmith <sg...@gmail.com>.
OK, I'm using the web.xml and:

--
Steven P. Goldsmith

Re: Using basic auth with tomee-embedded

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Goldsmith <sg...@gmail.com>.

--
Steven P. Goldsmith

Re: Using basic auth with tomee-embedded

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
IIRC it is:

Posted by Steve Goldsmith <sg...@gmail.com>.

--
Steven P. Goldsmith

Re: Using basic auth with tomee-embedded

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Goldsmith <sg...@gmail.com>.
I define container as:

--
Steven P. Goldsmith

Re: Using basic auth with tomee-embedded

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Goldsmith <sg...@gmail.com>.

--
Steven P. Goldsmith

Re: Using basic auth with tomee-embedded

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Goldsmith <sg...@gmail.com>.

--
Steven P. Goldsmith

Re: Using basic auth with tomee-embedded

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Goldsmith <sg...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Hi, just add a web.xml as in any war
>

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> <http://www.tomitribe.com>

> > How you you use basic auth with TomEE Embedded? Any examples out there?
> > This
> > is basically what I use for testing:
> >
> >     /**
> >      * Start EJB container. Create configuration, cache client and EJB
> >      * container.
> >      */
> >     @BeforeClass
> >     public static void setUpClass() {
> >         try {
> >             log.info("setUpClass()");
> >             // Call super setUpClass
> >             BaseTest.setUpClass();
> >             // Get configuration
> >             final Configuration config = getConfiguration();
> >             final Map p = new HashMap();
> >             p.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
> >
>  "org.apache.openejb.core.LocalInitialContextFactory");
> >             p.put("openejb.embedded.initialcontext.close ", "DESTROY");
> >             p.put("openejb.embedded.remotable", "true");
> >             p.put(EJBContainer.APP_NAME, "masblaster");
> >             p.put(EJBContainer.PROVIDER, "tomee-embedded");
> >             // Add WAR and MDB modules
> >             p.put(EJBContainer.MODULES, new
> > File[]{Archive.archive().copyTo(
> >                 "WEB-INF/classes",
> > jarLocation(OdnService.class)).asDir()});
> >             // Random port
> >             p.put(EmbeddedTomEEContainer.TOMEE_EJBCONTAINER_HTTP_PORT,
> > "-1");
> >             container = EJBContainer.createEJBContainer(p);
> >         } catch (ConfigurationException e) {
> >             log.error(e.getMessage());
> >         }
> >     }
> >

> > --

Steven P. Goldsmith

Re: Using basic auth with tomee-embedded

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.