Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Hao Wang <ha...@live.com> on 2021/01/13 13:13:33 UTC

Problem Building OpenOffice

Dear OpenOffice Dev Team,

I've been trying to build Open Office today, but I couldn't install freetype2 on my ubuntu machine.

When I did a "./configure" in the main folder, I got the following error :

checking whether freetype is available... checking for FREETYPE... no
configure: error: Package requirements (freetype2 >= 2.0 ) were not met:

No package 'freetype2' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables FREETYPE_CFLAGS
and FREETYPE_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

Then I downloaded freetype 2 and installed it into /usr/local/freetype and added /usr/local/freetype in the .bashrc file , but I got the same error.

Best Regards,
Hao Wang

Re: Problem Building OpenOffice

Posted by Hao Wang <ha...@live.com>.
Thanks Arrigo, I've installed the package.

________________________________
On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 01:13:33PM +0000, Hao Wang wrote:

> Dear OpenOffice Dev Team,
>
> I've been trying to build Open Office today, but I couldn't install freetype2 on my ubuntu machine.
>
> When I did a "./configure" in the main folder, I got the following error :
>
> checking whether freetype is available... checking for FREETYPE... no
> configure: error: Package requirements (freetype2 >= 2.0 ) were not met:
>
> No package 'freetype2' found

[...]

> Then I downloaded freetype 2 and installed it into
> /usr/local/freetype and added /usr/local/freetype in the .bashrc
> file , but I got the same error.

In general, you should be able to use the packages provided by your
distribution. On Ubuntu 18.04, the package is named
"libfreetype6-dev", and is installed by the following command:

 $ sudo apt install libfreetype6-dev

This will probably be the first package out of a long
list. Unfortunately, I do not have a ready-made list of build
dependencies for Ubuntu, but someone else on this mailing list could
be able to provide it.

To whoever has any building dependencies lists: I remain available to
publish them on-line on the wiki, if you could kindly send them here.

I hope this helps.
--
Arrigo

http://rigo.altervista.org

Re: Problem Building OpenOffice

Posted by Arrigo Marchiori <ar...@yahoo.it.INVALID>.
Hello Hao Wang,

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 01:13:33PM +0000, Hao Wang wrote:

> Dear OpenOffice Dev Team,
>
> I've been trying to build Open Office today, but I couldn't install freetype2 on my ubuntu machine.
>
> When I did a "./configure" in the main folder, I got the following error :
>
> checking whether freetype is available... checking for FREETYPE... no
> configure: error: Package requirements (freetype2 >= 2.0 ) were not met:
>
> No package 'freetype2' found

[...]

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello,

which version of Ubuntu do you use?

which branch of AOO do you wnat to build?

Kind regards

Mechtilde

--
Mechtilde Stehmann