Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/22 17:15:05 UTC

iBATIS 3 Live

Hi All,

I wanted to let everyone know that we've deployed our first production
web application using iBATIS version 3 and all is working very well.
It's running in WebSphere (no EJBs) and hitting a very difficult DB2
database.  We also used Ibator to generate almost all of the queries -
which saved us a huge amount of startup time.

So in my humble opinion, iBATIS 3 is good to go!

Jeff Butler

Re: iBATIS 3 Live

Posted by Guy Rouillier <gu...@burntmail.com>.
Not me.  So far we are using iBATIS only in a Tomcat 6 environment,
which has no transaction control.  Exactly the tool we were looking for
in that environment.  I very much appreciate the work the iBATIS and
Ibator teams have done.  (I think I got that capitalization correct ;).

On 4/22/2010 4:43 PM, Clinton Begin wrote:
> Do either of you use ManagedTransaction?
>
> Clinton
>
> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Guy Rouillier <guyr-ml1@burntmail.com
> <ma...@burntmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     We've had our production customer portal running with iBATIS beta 7
>     for 3 months now ;)  Working great, but obviously would like to
>     upgrade to a GA version for our next point release.
>

>     On 4/22/2010 11:15 AM, Jeff Butler wrote:
>
>         Hi All,
>
>         I wanted to let everyone know that we've deployed our first
>         production
>         web application using iBATIS version 3 and all is working very well.
>         It's running in WebSphere (no EJBs) and hitting a very difficult DB2
>         database.  We also used Ibator to generate almost all of the
>         queries -
>         which saved us a huge amount of startup time.
>
>         So in my humble opinion, iBATIS 3 is good to go!
>
>         Jeff Butler

>         For additional commands, e-mail:
>         user-java-help@ibatis.apache.org
>         <ma...@ibatis.apache.org>
>

>     --
>     Guy Rouillier

Guy Rouillier

Re: iBATIS 3 Live

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
Not me.

Jeff Butler

On 4/22/10, Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do either of you use ManagedTransaction?
>
> Clinton
>
> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Guy Rouillier
> <gu...@burntmail.com>wrote:
>
>> We've had our production customer portal running with iBATIS beta 7 for 3
>> months now ;)  Working great, but obviously would like to upgrade to a GA
>> version for our next point release.
>>

>> On 4/22/2010 11:15 AM, Jeff Butler wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I wanted to let everyone know that we've deployed our first production
>>> web application using iBATIS version 3 and all is working very well.
>>> It's running in WebSphere (no EJBs) and hitting a very difficult DB2
>>> database.  We also used Ibator to generate almost all of the queries -
>>> which saved us a huge amount of startup time.
>>>
>>> So in my humble opinion, iBATIS 3 is good to go!
>>>
>>> Jeff Butler

>> --
>> Guy Rouillier

Sent from my mobile device

Re: iBATIS 3 Live

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: iBATIS 3 Live

Posted by Guy Rouillier <gu...@burntmail.com>.
We've had our production customer portal running with iBATIS beta 7 for
3 months now ;)  Working great, but obviously would like to upgrade to a
GA version for our next point release.

On 4/22/2010 11:15 AM, Jeff Butler wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I wanted to let everyone know that we've deployed our first production
> web application using iBATIS version 3 and all is working very well.
> It's running in WebSphere (no EJBs) and hitting a very difficult DB2
> database.  We also used Ibator to generate almost all of the queries -
> which saved us a huge amount of startup time.
>
> So in my humble opinion, iBATIS 3 is good to go!
>
> Jeff Butler

Guy Rouillier

Re: iBATIS 3 Live

Posted by Nathan Maves <na...@gmail.com>.
I too have an application, which is not live just yet, but very solid.

Clinton and I are looking to release the 3.0.1 GA as soon as we get a
vote out to the community.  Look for a vote email this weekend.  We
encourage every one from the community to vote on the GA version.

Nathan