Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Hemant Chaudhary <he...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/27 10:09:03 UTC

[users@httpd] PHP-7.2.5 with Apache-2.4.25

Hi,

I was using mod_php of php-5.5.37 with apache-2.4.25 and it was working
fine. I upgraded the php to php-7.2.5. But after upgrade, mod_php is not
able to unload properly.

Does anybody also face the same issue.

Thanks
Hemant

Re: [users@httpd] PHP-7.2.5 with Apache-2.4.25

Posted by Frank Gingras <th...@apache.org>.
You're referring to php *extensions*, to be clear. A module with httpd
would be a DSO, such as mod_php. Further, httpd modules are not unloaded as
such; they remain loaded for the entire life of every child process.

Anyway, if your php extension can't be loaded for whatever reason, it would
be useful to get a backtrace and/or a useful error.

Posted by Hemant Chaudhary <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Frank,

Posted by Frank Gingras <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Copeland <da...@jsidata.ca>.
Okay, sorry, probably can't help then. I'm running Opensuse 42.3, Apache
2.4.33 (prefork) and mod_php 7.2.7.

The one thing I forgot about when I originally switched from php 5 to 7
was the APACHE_MODULES variable in the file /etc/sysconfig/apache2,
changing php5 to php7. But each os/distro likes to tweak the config
files so not sure if this applies to you.

Dave.

On 27/06/18 10:06 AM, Hemant Chaudhary wrote:
> Its NonStop (tandem)
>
> On Jun 27, 2018 7:35 PM, "David Copeland" <david.copeland@jsidata.ca
> <ma...@jsidata.ca>> wrote:
>
>     What platform/distribution are you running?
>
>     On 27/06/18 06:09 AM, Hemant Chaudhary wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > I was using mod_php of php-5.5.37 with apache-2.4.25 and it was
>     > working fine. I upgraded the php to php-7.2.5. But after upgrade,
>     > mod_php is not able to unload properly.
>     >
>     > Does anybody also face the same issue.
>     >
>     > Thanks
>     > Hemant
>

>     --
>     David Copeland
>     JSI Data Systems Limited
>     613-727-9353
>     www.jsidata.ca <http://www.jsidata.ca>

David Copeland
JSI Data Systems Limited
613-727-9353
www.jsidata.ca

Re: [users@httpd] PHP-7.2.5 with Apache-2.4.25

Posted by Hemant Chaudhary <he...@gmail.com>.
Its NonStop (tandem)

Posted by David Copeland <da...@jsidata.ca>.

--
David Copeland
JSI Data Systems Limited

Re: [users@httpd] PHP-7.2.5 with Apache-2.4.25

Posted by Motty Cruz <mo...@gmail.com>.
have you install mod_php72?

pkg info | grep "mod_php"
mod_php72-7.2.6

if not you need to install it
pkg install mod_php72

in httpd.conf
LoadModule php7_module        libexec/apache24/libphp7.so

I hope this help!

Thanks,
Mot