Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Valentin Kulichenko <va...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/31 00:27:25 UTC

New Maven profiles

Igniters,

Note that due to licensing issues all modules that depend on LGPL libraries
were excluded from Maven build by default. Two new profiles were introduced:

   - lgpl - enables ignite-hibernate, ignite-geospatial and
   ignite-scheduler modules
   - examples - enables ignite-examples module (can't be compiled without
   lgpl profile)

Do not forget to enable both profiles in your IDE during development.

--
Val

Re: New Maven profiles

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 31.03.2015 03:15, Branko Čibej wrote:
> On 31.03.2015 03:00, Valentin Kulichenko wrote:

>>> libraries
>>> introduced:

>>> Hmmm, does that mean that we don't provide any examples that users could
>>> try out without infecting their environment with the (L)GPL virus?
>>> Sounds rather painful ...
>>>

>> Examples do not get built during release the process at all whether LGPL is
>> turned on or off. They are just provided as source files.
> I understand that, that's not the point.
>
> Here's the use case:
>
>   * user downloads our source
>   * user cannot use LGPL code due to some constraint
>   * user builds binaries from our source package
>   * user wants to try one of the examples, but they all depend on
>     'optional' LGPL dependencies
>
> what now?

Just to be clear, nothing really needs changing here; there's no
requirement that examples can run without some dependencies. It's just a
potential pain point for users.

-- Brane

Re: New Maven profiles

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.