Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by daweedoo <Da...@ge.com> on 2008/01/30 17:13:45 UTC

Problem of internet dependances

Hi,

At my job, I'm trying to convert an XHTML file to XSL-FO format using Xalan
and XSLT Stylesheet (xhtml2fo.xsl).

I type this line :

xalan -IN myFile.html -XSL xhtml2fo.xsl -OUT myFile.fo

I have this error :

(Location of error unknown)java.net.UnknownHostException: www.w3.org

I think that the root cause of my problem is the proxy I use versus these
lines in 'xhtml2fo.xsl' :

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
                xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
                xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

That needs transformers from w3c.

Is there a way to this conversion without having an internet connection ?

I think that if internet is necessary for the conversion, it won't be used
at my work.

Thanks you in advance for thinking about my problem.

Regards,

David.

Re: Problem of internet dependances

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
daweedoo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At my job, I'm trying to convert an XHTML file to XSL-FO format using Xalan
> and XSLT Stylesheet (xhtml2fo.xsl).
>
> I type this line :
>
> xalan -IN myFile.html -XSL xhtml2fo.xsl -OUT myFile.fo
>
> I have this error :
>
> (Location of error unknown)java.net.UnknownHostException: www.w3.org
I think you're using Xalan-J, and not Xalan-C, so you should post on the
Xalan-J user list.

> I think that the root cause of my problem is the proxy I use versus these
> lines in 'xhtml2fo.xsl' :
>
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>                 xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>                 xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
>                 xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
>
> That needs transformers from w3c.

Namespace URIs are not dereferenced.  It may be that your XHTML instance
document has a DOCTYPE declaration that refers to the XHTML DTD.

> Is there a way to this conversion without having an internet connection ?
Download the DTD to your local machine and use an EntityResolver to point
the XML parser to your local copy of the DTD.

Dave