Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Charles N. Harvey III" <ch...@alloy.com> on 2003/12/03 17:27:41 UTC

aspectj is putting my entire project into .jar

Hello.
I have been digging through the mail-archive and I haven't found
anyone else with this problem yet.  When I run "maven aspectj"
it creates a jar "target/myproject-1.0.jar".  Thing is, it has
EVERYTHING in it.  As in, everything under "src".  And, if I run
it again, it will rebuild the jar with everything under "src"
AND "target".  Its insane.  I almost ran out of disk space because
I had run it a few times and it kept putting itself inside of
itself.

Here is the build section of my project.xml
<build>
     <nagEmailAddress>charlieh@alloy.com</nagEmailAddress>
     <sourceDirectory>src/main/java</sourceDirectory>
     <unitTestSourceDirectory>src/test/java</unitTestSourceDirectory>
     <aspectSourceDirectories>src/main/aspects</aspectSourceDirectories>
     <resources>
         <resource>
             <includes>
                 <include>*.properties</include>
                 <include>*.dtd</include>
                 <include>*.xml</include>
             </includes>
        </resource>
     </resources>
</build>
I also have: maven.compile.aspects = true.

Any ideas on why it would create such a jar?  It is jar-ring up everything
under ${basedir}.  I know I have to have something wrong in one of my
properties, I just can't find it.

Thanks a lot.

Charlie