Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by khandelwalanuj <kh...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/08 12:56:31 UTC

Default behavior to handle Slow consumer

Hi,

Using AcitveMQ v5.8

How ActiveMQ broker handles slow consumer if I don't specify any slow
consumer strategy(normal default configuration).

I am not using any slow consumer strategy in my configuration. "producer
flow control" is also disabled.
What will be the way to handle slow consumer in this case ?

Thanks,
Anuj

Re: Default behavior to handle Slow consumer

Posted by khandelwalanuj <kh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply but I am asking that what will broker do in case if
broker sees a slow consumer.
According to http://activemq.apache.org/slow-consumer-handling.html it will
slow down the producer.

Will broker slow down the producer even if I have disabled producer flow
control ?

Please correct me if I am wrong ?

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
by default they are treated like all other consumers. they will get up
to their prefetch num messages dispatched, and others when they are
have consumed those.

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com