Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ma...@kp.org on 2015/02/02 19:41:04 UTC

Tomcat 5.5.20 - WebDav and Http Methods...

Hi Users:

How to add http method PROPPATCH for web application using WebDav?

Thanks!
--------
Manish M. Patel
Kaiser Permanente
IMG Service Design & Integration

4460 Hacienda Dr. #C349
Pleasanton, CA 94588
925-924-7669 (office)
---------
kp.org/thrive

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or
disclosing its contents.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently
delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or
saving them.  Thank you.

Re: Tomcat 5.5.20 - WebDav and Http Methods...

Posted by Ma...@kp.org.
Hi Andre:

Q&A:
# 2:
Q: You do not indicate if you are using the WebDav application bundled
with Tomcat, or
some other one.

A: We are using the WebDAV app bundled with tomcat.

Thanks!
--------
Manish M. Patel

From:   André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>
To:     Tomcat Users List <us...@tomcat.apache.org>
Date:   02/02/2015 12:47 PM
Subject:        Re: Tomcat 5.5.20 - WebDav and Http Methods...

Manish.M.Patel@kp.org wrote:
> Hi Users:
>
> How to add http method PROPPATCH for web application using WebDav?

1) update your Tomcat. The current version is 8.0.18.
Tomcat 5.5.20 was released in 2006 and definitely archived in 2012.
See here : http://tomcat.apache.org/whichversion.html

2) You do not indicate if you are using the WebDav application bundled
with Tomcat, or
some other one.

Just in case, a search in the still-available on-line 5.5 documentation
points to this :
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/catalina/docs/api/org/apache/catalina/servlets/WebdavServlet.html

According to this documentation, the bundled WebDav application already
supports
PROPPATCH, so what's the problem ?

(But do not expect anyone to be very interested to investigate a problem
in 5.5.20)

Re: Tomcat 5.5.20 - WebDav and Http Methods...

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.