Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Winterfeldt <dw...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/14 17:32:40 UTC

Re: commons valiador

There is an example in the nightly source in
contrib/validator (contrib/validator/src/example and
contrib/validator/web/example).  It is also posted at
http://home.earthlink.net/~dwinterfeldt/ and there is
a compiled jar of the Commons Validator in the build
directory (no nightly build of it yet).

David

Re: commons valiador

Posted by David Winterfeldt <dw...@yahoo.com>.
The Struts Validator is in the contrib/validator
directory.

contrib/validator/src/share/org/apache/struts/validator/action/ValidatorForm.java

A binary version is available on my website and is in
the dist directory of the download
(dist/struts-validator.jar).

http://home.earthlink.net/~dwinterfeldt/

The Commons Validator just has the basic validation
framework for validating a java bean.  All Struts
specific things are still in the Struts Validator
project (contrib/validator).

David

--- neil@mcbennett.net wrote:
> Hi David, thanks for replying... I had a look at
> your example and in
> particular the form beans. I notice your forms
> extend ValidatorForm, which
> in turn extends ActionForm, but in the nightly
> builds of Validator there is
> no class for ValidatorForm! I notice several other
> changes since earlier
> versions. Am I wrong here? Maybe I have
> misunderstood something?
>
> Thanks again
>
> Neil
>
> > There is an example in the nightly source in
> > contrib/validator (contrib/validator/src/example
> and
> > contrib/validator/web/example).  It is also posted
> at
> > http://home.earthlink.net/~dwinterfeldt/ and there
> is
> > a compiled jar of the Commons Validator in the
> build
> > directory (no nightly build of it yet).
> >
> > David
> >
> > --- neil@mcbennett.net wrote:
> >> Hi I decided to try one of the recent nightly
> builds
> >> of struts since I
> >> wanted to become familiar with the commons
> >> validator. I am having some
> >> problems understanding what changes are needed
> (if
> >> any) in my source code
> >> for my formbeans etc.
> >> Is there an example app which uses the commons
> >> validator? I would like to
> >> study some working example.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Neil