Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Christine Casey <ch...@icloud.com> on 2014/11/04 19:04:33 UTC

password

I am using Apache OpenOffice for the first time.  Please help me with this!  A window opens up that says:

“The document you are about to export has one or more protected items with password that cannot be exported.  Please retype your password to be able to export your document.”  So my question is this:  What password???  And it does me no good to select “Remove password from this protected item” because it just keeps sending me back to the page saying to retype my password.  So what password are they talking about?  Is it a password from Apace OpenOffice or who?  I am very confused.

Please just write me back a specific email and don’t send me to “forum land”.  I am NOT a computer savvy person at all and the more places you send me, the more confused I get.  Please just email back to me here.

Thank you,

Christine Casey

Re: password

Posted by jonathon <to...@gmail.com>.

On 04/11/14 23:00, Christine Casey wrote:

>I just need someone to be on the phone with me and tell me exactly what to go to on my screen, what to click…you know, like that, step-by-step.

That type of support is only available from independent consultants and
firms that set their own price.

Some of those consultants are listed at
http://www.openoffice.org/bizdev/consultants.html.

The consultants I've talked with, which are not listed above, charge
between the mid-3 (three) and 5 (five) digits, for a single session,
which lasts around 45 minutes.

jonathon

  * English - detected
  * English

  * English

 <javascript:void(0);>

Re: password

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
There are OpenOffice courses in youtube, I suggest you take one, also
a book might help. I recomend Silje's books.
http://openoffice.blogs.com/bookresources/

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

Re: password

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.

Re: password

Posted by mt <mt...@lockedbags.org>.
Hello Christine,

It sounds like you would benefit from a hands-on tutorial. Could
I suggest that you explore the availability of local resources,
such as Mac User Groups or basic computer courses at
libraries/local community centres.

I am sending this message to you privately, as well as to the
list. Let me know if you need help locating possible options.

marina

Re: password

Posted by Christine Casey <ch...@icloud.com>.
Thank you very much for trying to help me, I really do appreciate it very much.  Unfortunately I think I’m the type that needs a phone call and someone to just walk me thru all this because I’m just completely unfamiliar with anything past writing an email or going on a simple site like YouTube or something.  I don’t know what it means when you say “make a new Writer file ((/File/New/Writer file)."  I just need someone to be on the phone with me and tell me exactly what to go to on my screen, what to click…you know, like that, step-by-step.

Re: password

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.