Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Harish Krishnaswamy <ha...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/16 00:45:25 UTC

Download issues

I am having issues downloading the Oracle driver automatically from my build
script. I know they require a username and password, but it still fails when
I provide them in the url. Although that same URL works from within the
browser. Here's the URL, username and password masked...

https://profile.oracle.com/jsp/reg/loginHandler.jsp?username=XXX&password=XXX&redirectUrl=http://download.oracle.com/otn/utilities_drivers/jdbc/10204/ojdbc14.jar

-Harish

Re: Download issues

Posted by Victor Hugo Borja <vi...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 6:55 PM, Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Could Buildr potentially allow something like Mechanize as an alternative
> download mechanism for situations such as this?  Oracle's "protection" of
> their JDBC driver would be fairly easy to get around automatically if
> Buildr
> were able to simulate a browser session calling different pages in
> sequence
> (which Mechanize allows).

Yeah, having mechanize integration would be excellent!

--
vic

Quaerendo invenietis.

Re: Download issues

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <ha...@gmail.com>.
Interesting, I'll take a look, thanks!

Re: Download issues

Posted by Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>.

--
CTO, Intalio
http://www.intalio.com

Re: Download issues

Posted by Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com>.

Re: Download issues

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <ha...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I am doing a similar kinda thing presently and was trying to get around
it. Thanks!

Re: Download issues

Posted by Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>.
Hi Harish,