Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sean Davis <sd...@mail.nih.gov> on 2006/09/07 13:03:24 UTC

under version control or not?

I am a relatively new user of svn (version 1.2.3) and somehow managed to get
into a bind, summarized below.  I don't have access to the server, so I
(personally) didn't do any server-side stuff to bring this on.  I'm not sure
what I can do about it, though.  The problem is that in the repository, there
is no inst/doc directory, and I need there to be one.  How can I do that?

sdavis@pressa:/inst> svn add doc
svn: warning: 'doc' is already under version control
sdavis@pressa:/inst> svn rm doc
D         doc/GEOquery.Rnw
D         doc/GEOquery.pdf
svn: 'doc' is not under version control

Thanks,
Sean

Re: under version control or not?

Posted by Sean Davis <sd...@mail.nih.gov>.
On Thursday 07 September 2006 11:18, Ivan Aleman wrote:
> 2006/9/7, Sean Davis <sd...@mail.nih.gov>:
> > The problem is that in the repository, there
> > is no inst/doc directory, and I need there to be one. How can I do that?
> >
> > sdavis@pressa:/inst> svn add doc
> > svn: warning: 'doc' is already under version control
> > sdavis@pressa:/inst> svn rm doc
> > D doc/GEOquery.Rnw
> > D doc/GEOquery.pdf
> > svn: 'doc' is not under version control
>
> Try under your working copy:
>
> $ mkdir inst/doc
> $
> $ svn add inst/doc

Thanks, Ivan, for the thought.  But the directory already exists in the
working copy.  Doing an svn status shows that nothing needs to be updated, so
when I try to commit the directory to the repository, of course nothing
happens.

I ended up simply touch'ing the files in the directory and the directory
itself.  Then svn status showed the changes and I was able to commit.

Thanks again,

Posted by Ivan Aleman <bo...@gmail.com>.

--
Iván Alemán ~ [[ Debian (Sid) ]] ~