Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Pernica, Jan" <pe...@dcb.cz> on 2001/05/22 11:50:35 UTC

RE: OT What's really happening in this JSP?

If form tag does not contain action it is posted to the same page.

On Tuesday, May 22, 2001 11:55 AM, Jim Cheesman [SMTP:jchees@msl.es] wrote:
> Given the following (edited) jsp:
> ************************
> <jsp:useBean id="kk" class="test.TestBean" scope="session" />
> <jsp:setProperty name="kk" property="*" />
>
> <form method=post>
> 	<select single name="testValue1">
> 	<input type="submit">
> </form>
> <hr>
>
> <%
> 	if (kk.isValid())
> 	{
> %>
>    <jsp:forward page="/jsp/test2.jsp" />
> <%
> 	}
> %>
> ************************
>
> The jsp works, in that the bean kk is "filled" with the values of the
form,
> and if valid, forwards to test2.jsp.  What I don't understand is how: Does

> clicking on "submit" call the compiled jsp (_jspService) on tomcat, which
> then checks the value, or what?
>
> (kk is previously instantiated by a servlet, which returns the page
above.)

> I should emphasise that this works and is not urgent, but more a question
> of my curiosity... ;)
>
> Jim
>

> --
>
>                            *   Jim Cheesman   *
>              Trabajo:
> jchees@msl.es - (34)(91) 724 9200 x 2360
>                 My identity lies
> in not knowing who I am.

Tato komunikace je urcena vyhradne pro adresata a je duverna.
This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is confidential.

RE: OT What's really happening in this JSP?

Posted by Ross Dyson <rd...@reef.com>.
netscrape 4.5(ish)

its what we use as the baseline browser for our development

>BEWARE if there is no action it won't work on Netscape!

Works on Win2000/Netscape 6.01! What version are you referring to?

Posted by Jim Cheesman <jc...@msl.es>.

Posted by Ross Dyson <rd...@reef.com>.

Posted by Jim Cheesman <jc...@msl.es>.
At 11:50 AM 22/05/01, you wrote:
>If form tag does not contain action it is posted to the same page.

Thanks for the prompt response - I guessed something like that was
happening, but I wasn't sure.

Jim