Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Christopher <ct...@fedoraproject.org> on 2016/06/02 20:20:24 UTC

Hadoop

So, it would seem at some point, without me noticing (certainly my fault,
for not paying attention enough), the Hadoop packages got orphaned and/or
retired? in Fedora.

This is a big problem for me, because the main package I work on is
dependent upon Hadoop.

What's the state of Hadoop in Fedora these days? Are there packaging
problems? Not enough support from upstream Apache community? Missing
dependencies in Fedora? Not enough time to work on it? No interest from
users?

Whatever the issue is... I'd like to help wherever I can... I'd like to
keep this stuff going.

Re: Hadoop

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Well, I wouldn't be surprised with some issues across a fedup (which is a
way to do an upgrade between Fedora versions), but it should have been
stable with normal/routine yum/dnf upgrades.

Were you using the Fedora-provided packages, or the BigTop ones? Or another
set?

Re: Hadoop

Posted by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hadoop