Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Soriano, Jaume" <JS...@es.wanadoo.com> on 2001/09/18 12:42:29 UTC

About Velocity & JVM

Hello, nowadays i'm using Velocity on
a HotSpot VM and everything runs ok...
In a few days i will try to 'migrate' my
applications to other machine with the
following configuration:

  Kaffe Virtual Machine
  Copyright (c) 1996-2000
  Transvirtual Technologies, Inc.  All rights reserved
  Engine: Just-in-time v3   Version: 1.0.6   Java Version: 1.1

Any problem with Velocity and this VM?

Thank you in advance!

Regards: Jaume

Re: About Velocity & JVM

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 9/18/01 6:42 AM, "Soriano, Jaume" <JS...@es.wanadoo.com> wrote:

> Hello, nowadays i'm using Velocity on
> a HotSpot VM and everything runs ok...
> In a few days i will try to 'migrate' my
> applications to other machine with the
> following configuration:
>
> Kaffe Virtual Machine
> Copyright (c) 1996-2000
> Transvirtual Technologies, Inc.  All rights reserved
> Engine: Just-in-time v3   Version: 1.0.6   Java Version: 1.1
>
> Any problem with Velocity and this VM?

Almost certainly.  We depend on j2se 1.2, things like collections
immediately jump to mind, and I think that you will indeed have problems.

Why are you migrating? (just curious...)

geir

System and Software Consulting
If you look up, there are no limits - Japanese Proverb