Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2004/04/22 04:57:55 UTC

Re: Building from CVS

Olaf:

I've just finished a bunch of build system updates.  To build merlin
from cvs you need to go though three steps following completion of a
checkout or update.  From the root avalon directory issue the following
commands:

   $ maven plugins
   $ maven meta
   $ maven merlin

The reason for the multiple steps is that the maven system does not
update itself in terms of plugin builds - so we need to build the
initial set of core plugins, then build meta and its plugin, then build
merlin and its plugin.

Stephen.

Re: Building from CVS

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
OK - things seem to be working:

   $ maven plugins   <--- builds core plugins
   $ maven meta      <--- builds framework, meta and meta-plugin
   $ maven merlin    <--- builds util, repository, logging,
                          composition, activation and merlin

Steve.

Re: Building from CVS

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.