Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Billy Vandory <bi...@yahoo.com> on 2010/05/18 10:56:50 UTC

Cannot setup a realm in geronimo 2.2

I'm trying to setup a security realm in geronimo 2.2/tomcat so I can use
BASIC auth from my web app.  My main problem is that *every* example I've
tried leads to a geronimo-web.xml that does not validate.

- GEP has options to create realms in geronimo-web.xml - anything I try with
GEP leads to a deployment plan that doesn't validate.

- This example:
https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/web-application-security-sample.html
The geronimo-web.xml does not validate.

I've now tried every example i can find and I just cannot get this working
at all.

Actually, it would be really nice if I could get the example (link above) to
work, because it's almost exactly what I need to do.

Any ideas or clues or anyone that wants to donate their geronimo-web.xml
file with a configured realm would be really appreciated.

Re: Cannot setup a realm in geronimo 2.2

Posted by Ashish Jain <as...@gmail.com>.
Refer https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/ as you are using an older version
of documentation which is g 2.0. There are various web applications and will
help you in setting up your geronimo-web.xml correctly.