Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/04/22 13:41:39 UTC

[Struts Wiki] Update of "RoughSpots" by tmjee

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by tmjee:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/RoughSpots

    1. Get rid of the validation framework. it's stupid and pointless, validate methods are good enough.
      * [jcarreira] -1 I take offense at this... It's neither stupid NOR pointless, and we use it extensively. It's the best validation framework I've seen out there, and NO, validate methods are NOT enough. For instance, we define reusable validations for our domain models and use them for both the web front end as well as web services and batch imports.
+     * [tmjee] -1 If possible please don't do so. I use it and like it. I guess (for me at least), sometimes for simple validation it is nice to be able to just describe it (using xml or annotation). Plus the validation could be tied to DWR for ajax support. Being able to write custom validator is really cool. Please reconsider this. :-)

    1. Ditch xwork as a separate project, nobody uses it or cares about it
      * [jcarreira] You're kidding, right? We've discussed this already....
+     * [tmjee] -1 If possible, I'd like to keep xwork, not that I used it apart from WebWork but, I don't know, it's just good to have it there.

    1. Add java5 support to ognl. It's silly that it still doesn't handle enums (that I know of).
      * [jcarreira] +1 this is biting us right now