Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Mat Lowery <ml...@pentaho.com> on 2009/12/15 23:40:35 UTC

Custom AccessControlProvider

Has anyone created a custom AccessControlProvider?  Is it open source?
How about just some instructions/hints on creating one?  (Using 1.6 but
may move to 2.0.)

Re: Custom AccessControlProvider

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
Yes, but its a dirty ugly thing based created by taking a copy of the internals to the DefaultAccessControlManager and patching them.

I say dirty, since taking a copy is dirty in the first instance, and there are some protected areas of these classes that force the code into jarckrabbit package names. The Default implementation is elegant by comparison, and re-implemetation of something comparable is a major task.

For what its worth you will find it at [1], which is an overlay bundle of the Sling Server bundle with some modified classes. Its AL2 licensed,

Ian

1 http://github.com/ieb/open-experiments/tree/master/slingtests/osgikernel/bundles/server/