Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de> on 2017/05/10 14:22:57 UTC

[VOTE] new apache sling logo (provided by chris millar)

since 2012 we try to update our sling logo because we are required to include a "TM" in it (see [1]).

a few weeks ago chris millar contributed a new sling logo with these changes:
1. It uses the new Apache feather
2. The shoulder of the G matches the width of the upper horizontal rule
3. The curves of the lower left corner have been smoothed and matched to the feather and the S.
4. The lower loop of the G has been smoothed out.
5. added "TM"

you can see both old and new logo in comparison here [2].

Please vote to approve this new logo:

  [ ] +1 Approve the new logo
  [ ]  0 Don't care
  [ ] -1 Don't approve, because ...

This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.

if it passes i will apply the PR to add it to the web console branding and Launchpad content, and update the sling site as well. (not sure if there are more places).
bertrand also recommended we should add a credit for chris on the sling website (perhaps on the project team page?).

stefan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-2696
[2] https://github.com/apache/sling/pull/214/files#diff-eed4e49f44ced4ed139f3556e4b641c0

Re: [VOTE] new apache sling logo (provided by chris millar)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 4:22 PM, Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de> wrote:
> ..Please vote to approve this new logo..

+1, thank you Chris!

> ...bertrand also recommended we should add a credit for chris on the sling website (perhaps on the project team page?)...

Sounds good to me, I suggest a "special thanks" section at the
beginning of http://sling.apache.org/project-information/project-team.html

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] new apache sling logo (provided by chris millar)

Posted by Daniel Klco <dk...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.
+1

Posted by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>.
+1

Thanks Chris!!!

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] new apache sling logo (provided by chris millar)

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: [VOTE] new apache sling logo (provided by chris millar)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 5:01 PM, Chris Millar <ch...@millr.org> wrote:
> ...Thanks for leveling my expectations on the launchpad home page redesign I'm about to submit...

As long as the stylesheet is named bikeshedding.css it should be fine.

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] new apache sling logo (provided by chris millar)

Posted by Suren Konathala <ko...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Millar <ch...@millr.org>.
@rombert

Posted by Julian Sedding <js...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards
Julian

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] new apache sling logo (provided by chris millar)

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
+1