Posted to user@impala.apache.org by "445484859@qq.com" <44...@qq.com> on 2016/07/20 08:51:02 UTC

why does impala have a bad performance on disk write?

Hello, all
    When I use Impala to run a SQL query like 'INSERT INTO/OVERWRITE',  it would be too slow.
    It seems like that only one thread will do disk write. If so, What for the design?

Jerry
445484859@qq.com

Re: why does impala have a bad performance on disk write?

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Jerry,
  You are right that we only use one thread per impalad. We're working on
full multithreading of plans, which should address that bottleneck
(although that work is still a little while away).

- Tim