Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Armin Le Grand <Ar...@me.com> on 2012/01/25 15:34:09 UTC

pootle?

	Hi all,

one of the things we will need for a release is the Translation stuff
[1]. I never had to do with it, but I think it's time to take some
action (and I offer to volunteer). Of course I have a lot of questions
and hope that there are some people around who have some knowledge about
that process.

- Will we use the Apache pootle server [2], there is already an entry
for Apache OpenOffice
- How is the pootle data we got the last days related to this (will it
be added to that pootle server)?
- How does the process work in general? I guess some script will collect
text data from all *.src files and put them to
extras/l10n/source/*language*/localize.sdf?
- How is the evtl. translated data merged back to the trunk?
- How are non-src data sources handled (e.g. Help, branding info, etc...)?

A lot of questions, but maybe someone has links to existing explanations
or similar. Maybe someone is already in action, that would of course be
appreciated :-)

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Release+Plan
[2] https://translate.apache.org/