Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/13 23:22:20 UTC

[Android] Deprecate HTC 2.3 Android console.log support in 3.0

Hey

There's a known bug in HTC's WebView that suppressed console.log on
old Gingerbread devices.  This is only on devices that run HTC Sense,
and not devices like the Nexus One.  How do people feel about
deprecating console.log in 3.0.  I know that Simon hated this
particular chunk of code, and wanted to toss it by the wayside a while
ago.

It says it was supposed to be ripped out this release, but I don't see
it on the wiki, so I'm giving it until 3.0 to be removed.  Does that
sound reasonable?

Joe

Re: [Android] Deprecate HTC 2.3 Android console.log support in 3.0

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, do it man. I know that setting navDump screws up the d-pad on Google
TV and possibly being able to enter a 7 or 9 in a text field.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.