Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Wynter <da...@roamware.com> on 2002/09/26 15:39:46 UTC

Urgent, no website until Apache 2.0.42 works with Tomcat 4.1.12

I replaced Tomcat 4.0.4 and httpd 1.3.23 becuase it had
IllegalStateException problems. Now my website is off line as the install of
Apache 2.0.42 with Tomcat 4.1.12 does not work.

I used my original workers.properties. I added "LoadModule jk_module
modules/mod_jk.so" to httpd.conf. The server.xml already has a section for
the 8009 port connector. I copied my mod_jk.so from my old Apache 1.3.23
modules directory to the new /usr/local/apache2/modules directory.
Separately I built the jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.1.12 from source but the
system could not find apxs. I looked for somewhere to download apxs and
could not find it.

I read an email on the list that said the mod_jk works with the new coyote
conenctor stuff. But it does not seem to do so for me.

Also whenever I "service stop tomcat4" I get a "java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused" stack trace.

Not sure what to do next, any ideas?

Thanks

David Wynter