Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by wesleywj2 <we...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2009/12/29 06:07:06 UTC

T5: create directory permission denied

hi,

i'm actually create directory to store image after user upload the image.
i'm using java.io for directory creation. but on the log, the application
fails to create directory, testing on the folder write access is false,
permission denied. i know this has something to do with permission, but
where this leads me? please advice

i'm using tomcat 6, tapestry 5.1+spring framework 2.0.6, the directory i
wish to write into is located directly inside my webapp.

seeking advice,
wesley

Re: T5: create directory permission denied

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
that depends on how you start tomcat, if it runs from root, should be no
problem, otherwise make sure that directory has the permission for the user
who starts tomcat.