Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/02 08:42:38 UTC

Drop tests for java 9 and 10?

Hi,
To me it is not clear if we should keep tests against java 9 and java 10.

I think it is mostly a waste of resources and time.

Do we have a clear and documented statement about which versions are
supported and tested ?

Thoughts?
Enrico

Re: Drop tests for java 9 and 10?

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
For better dynamic ranges we need GROOVY-8704 (IntRange should be
Serializable) first:

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-8704

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.
+1 for deleting 9 1nd 10.

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2019-06-02 um 10:42 schrieb Enrico Olivelli:
> Hi,
> To me it is not clear if we should keep tests against java 9 and java 10.
>
> I think it is mostly a waste of resources and time.
>
> Do we have a clear and documented statement about which versions are
> supported and tested ?

Drop them, there are no upstream changes for them in OpenJDK. Java 7, 8,
11+ only.

Michael

Re: Drop tests for java 9 and 10?

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
EOL not rolling (autocorrect)

--
Sent from my phone

Re: Drop tests for java 9 and 10?

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
+1 to Drop. They are rolling

--
Sent from my phone

Re: Drop tests for java 9 and 10?

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
I've added this line to the asfMavenTlpPlgnBuild.groovy:

// minimum, LTS, current and next ea
minimum: right now Java 7 for most of our projects
LTS: Java 8 + 11
current: Java 12
next ea: Java 13

Not sure which projects still use other versions, probably does with
dedicated range. They simply need to be updated

Robert