Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Sheng Zha <zh...@apache.org> on 2018/09/17 22:51:28 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.3.0 Release

Hello all,

The Apache MXNet (incubating) Community announces the availability of
Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.3.0!

Release blog post:
https://blogs.apache.org/mxnet/entry/announcing-apache-mxnet-incubating-1
https://medium.com/apache-mxnet/announcing-apache-mxnet-1-3-0-484ea78c22ad

Apache MXNet (incubating) is a deep learning framework designed for
both efficiency and flexibility. It allows you to mix symbolic and
imperative programming to maximize efficiency and productivity.

This release improves usability, performance, and interoperability.

A full list of the changes in this release can be found in the release
notes:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+1.3.0+Release+Notes

A Link to the Download is here:
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/mxnet/1.3.0

If you prefer to build from source and experiment with various
compile-time configuration options, use this link to get the
instructions:
http://mxnet.incubator.apache.org/install/index.html

Or You can download and play with MXNet easily using one of the options
below:
   1. The Pip packages can be found here: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/mxnet
   2. The Docker Images can be found here:
https://hub.docker.com/r/mxnet/python/

Links in Maven to the published Scala packages:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/mxnet/
https://repository.apache.org/#nexus-search;quick~org.apache.mxnet

and to the experimental Clojure packages:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/mxnet/contrib/clojure/

The release tag used for the 1.3.0 release is:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/tree/1.3.0

Some more MXNet Resources:
   1. Issues: https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues
   2. Wiki: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET

If you want to learn more about MXNet visit
http://mxnet.incubator.apache.org/

Finally, you are welcome to join and also invite your friends to the
dynamic and growing MXNet community by subscribing to
dev@mxnet.incubator.apache.org

Acknowledgments:
We would like to thank everyone who contributed to the 1.3.0 release:

Aaron Markham, Abhinav Sharma, access2rohit, Alex Li, Alexander Alexandrov,
Alexander Zai, Amol Lele, Andrew Ayres, Anirudh Acharya, Anirudh
Subramanian, Ankit Khedia, Anton Chernov, aplikaplik, Arunkumar V Ramanan,
Asmus Hetzel, Aston Zhang, bl0, Ben Kamphaus, brli, Burin Choomnuan,
Burness Duan, Caenorst, Cliff Woolley, Carin Meier, cclauss, Carl Tsai,
Chance Bair, chinakook, Chudong Tian, ciyong, ctcyang, Da Zheng, Dang Trung
Kien, Deokjae Lee, Dick Carter, Didier A., Eric Junyuan Xie, Faldict, Felix
Hieber, Francisco Facioni, Frank Liu, Gnanesh, Hagay Lupesko, Haibin Lin,
Hang Zhang, Hao Jin, Hao Li, Haozhi Qi, hasanmua, Hu Shiwen, Huilin Qu,
Indhu Bharathi, Istvan Fehervari, JackieWu, Jake Lee, James MacGlashan,
jeremiedb, Jerry Zhang, Jian Guo, Jin Huang, jimdunn, Jingbei Li, Jun Wu,
Kalyanee Chendke, Kellen Sunderland, Kovas Boguta, kpmurali, Kurman
Karabukaev, Lai Wei, Leonard Lausen, luobao-intel, Junru Shao, Lianmin
Zheng, Lin Yuan, lufenamazon, Marco de Abreu, Marek Kolodziej, Manu Seth,
Matthew Brookhart, Milan Desai, Mingkun Huang, miteshyh, Mu Li, Nan Zhu,
Naveen Swamy, Nehal J Wani, PatricZhao, Paul Stadig, Pedro Larroy,
perdasilva, Philip Hyunsu Cho, Pishen Tsai, Piyush Ghai, Pracheer Gupta,
Przemyslaw Tredak, Qiang Kou, Qing Lan, qiuhan, Rahul Huilgol, Rakesh
Vasudevan, Ray Zhang, Robert Stone, Roshani Nagmote, Sam Skalicky, Sandeep
Krishnamurthy, Sebastian Bodenstein, Sergey Kolychev, Sergey Sokolov, Sheng
Zha, Shen Zhu, Sheng-Ying, Shuai Zheng, slitsey, Simon, Sina Afrooze, Soji
Adeshina, solin319, Soonhwan-Kwon, starimpact, Steffen Rochel, Taliesin
Beynon, Tao Lv, Thom Lane, Thomas Delteil, Tianqi Chen, Todd Sundsted, Tong
He, Vandana Kannan, vdantu, Vishaal Kapoor, wangzhe, xcgoner, Wei Wu,
Wen-Yang Chu, Xingjian Shi, Xinyu Chen, yifeim, Yizhi Liu, YouRancestor,
Yuelin Zhang, Yu-Xiang Wang, Yuan Tang, Yuntao Chen, Zach Kimberg, Zhennan
Qin, Zhi Zhang, zhiyuan-huang, Ziyue Huang, Ziyi Mu, Zhuo Zhang.

… and thanks to all of the Apache MXNet community supporters, spreading
knowledge and helping to grow the community!

Thanks!
Apache MXNet (incubating) Team
_______

DISCLAIMER:
Apache MXNet (incubating) is an effort undergoing incubation at The
Apache Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the name of Apache
Incubator PMC. Incubation is required of all newly accepted
projects until a further review indicates that the
infrastructure, communications, and decision-making process have
stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF
projects. While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection
of the completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate
that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.3.0 Release

Posted by Sheng Zha <sz...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Sergio. Yes, I'm on it. It was due to the download link not
conforming to the requirement. I will fix and resend.

-sz

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.