Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Hando420 <ha...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/04 09:49:23 UTC

Setting up apache solr in eclipse with Tomcat

I would like to setup apache solr in eclipse using tomcat. It is easy to
setup with jetty but with tomcat it doesn't run solr on runtime. Anyone has
done this before?

Hando

Re: Setting up apache solr in eclipse with Tomcat

Posted by Hando420 <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks now its clear and works fine.

Regards,

Posted by jayendra patil <ja...@gmail.com>.
The sole home is configured in the web.xml of the application which points
to the folder having the conf files and the data directory
    <env-entry>
       <env-entry-name>solr/home</env-entry-name>
       <env-entry-value>D:/multicore</env-entry-value>
       <env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
    </env-entry>

Regards,
Jayendra

Posted by jayendra patil <ja...@gmail.com>.
Have got solr working in the Eclipse and deployed on Tomcat through eclipse
plugin.
The Crude approach, was to

   1. Import the Solr war into Eclipse which will be imported as a web
   project and can be deployed on tomcat.
   2. Add multiple source folders to the Project, linked to the checked out
   solr source code. e.g. entry in .project file
   <linkedResources>
           <link>
               <name>common</name>
               <type>2</type>
               <location>D:/Solr/solr/src/common</location>
           </link>
       </linkedResources>
   3. Remove the solr jars from the web-inf lib, so that changes on the
   project sources can be deployed and debugged.

Let me know if you get a better approach.