Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org> on 2007/11/17 18:13:39 UTC

fyi: cocoon deprecates cinclude [Fwd: Deprecation of CInclude transformer]

hi lenya devs!

we've talked about it briefly during the hackathon: cinclude is dying,
so we should get rid of it in due time. if you are writing new code that
uses xml inclusion techniques, be sure to move to one of the
alternatives, and see if you can make your pipeline cacheable.

regards,

jörn

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org>.
Juergen Ragaller wrote:
> Hi, Jörn
>
> A search for «cinclude» in lenyas src directory yielded 69 matches.
> Maybe worth an enhancement bug for 2.0.1 (depending on the cocoon 2.1.11
> release)?

done.

Posted by Juergen Ragaller <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi, Jörn

Am 17.11.2007 um 18:13 schrieb Jörn Nettingsmeier:

> we've talked about it briefly during the hackathon: cinclude is
> dying, so we should get rid of it in due time. if you are writing
> new code that uses xml inclusion techniques, be sure to move to one
> of the alternatives, and see if you can make your pipeline cacheable.

Thanks for the pointer!

A search for «cinclude» in lenyas src directory yielded 69 matches.
Maybe worth an enhancement bug for 2.0.1 (depending on the cocoon
2.1.11 release)?

Jürgen