Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com> on 2007/01/02 17:45:46 UTC

Minutes of the Woden Status Telecon, 2007-01-02

Attendees: Lawrence Mandel, Arthur Ryman, John Kaputin, Graham Turrell

Minutes

1. Open Action Items - Lawrence Mandel

2006-11-21 - Everyone should verify and close any Jiras they've opened
that have been resolved but not closed.
2006-11-28
Arthur: I did this. I had to reopen a couple.
John: I didn't have a chance to do this but I think mine are up to date.
Lawrence: I didn't have a chance to do this. I'll try to check this week.
2006-12-12
John: There are 14 in the list.
Note: We went through the list on the call, closed those that could be
closed and requested that the reporters review and close the others.
John: I'll add comments to prompt the rest of the reporters to close the
Jiras they've reported.
2006-12-19
John: I've been through the list. There are only 6 left. We're just
waiting on Chathura and Jeremy to close out these last 6.
2007-01-02
Lawrence: The 6 Jiras have all be closed. Thanks.
Closed.

2. Milestone (M7) Status - John Kaputin

John: Still a lot to do although I've made some progress over the break.
The 15th is looking tight. I suggest we push the date back a week to the
Jan. 22. Dev cut will be the 15th.
Arthur: I suggest we formally declare that one of our M7 P1 items is to
fully pass on all of the good component interchange documents.
[action] John will propose the M7 release defining criteria and date
change on the woden-dev list.

Graham: I've finished with the catalog stuff. I've started working on the
unit test Jiras. I'll assign these Jira to myself and handle the testing.

Lawrence: Woden-67 is unassigned. Should this be dropped from M7?
John: This Jira is open to split the build into DOM and StAX to reduce
dependencies. We'll produce three jars. API, DOM and StAX.
Arthur: In this case we'll have duplicate code in the DOM and StAX jars. I
think it's better to produce jars that do not overlap.
John: We can produce 4 jars. API, DOM, StAX and common. I think this is
important. I suggest we leave it on the plan and re-evaluate the
probability of this getting fixed next week.

3.Development Discussion - All

Arthur: What is the relation between XmlSchema and Xerces? Doesn't Xerces
contain a schema API?
John: XmlSchema is an alternative. We changed to this parser in response
to a request from Axis2.

4. Other Business - All

No other business was discussed.

Thanks,

Lawrence Mandel

Re: Minutes of the Woden Status Telecon, 2007-01-02

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Yup. I forgot to go back and change those dates. Thanks for the correction
John.

Lawrence

John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>
01/03/2007 04:26 AM
Please respond to
woden-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Minutes of the Woden Status Telecon, 2007-01-02

Small addition to the minutes - we initially discussed delaying M7 one
week
until Jan 22, but later agreed with Arthur's suggestion that a two week
delay until Jan 29th was more realistic / achievable. I'll go with Jan 29
when I post to the dev list per my action item in the minutes.

John Kaputin

             Lawrence Mandel
             <lmandel@ca.ibm.c

                                       woden-dev@ws.apache.org
             02/01/2007 16:45                                           cc

                                                                   Subject

             Please respond to         Minutes of the Woden Status
             woden-dev@ws.apac         Telecon, 2007-01-02
                  he.org