Posted to ddlutils-user@db.apache.org by Francis Galiegue <fg...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/22 20:38:53 UTC

Cannot git svn clone...

Hello,

For a project of mine, I need dynamic DDL capabilities at run time.
After some Google searches, I found two projects: LiquiBase and
DDLUtils.

LiquiBase has close to no tutorial at all on how to program it (they
do have Javadoc, though), DDLUtils has. But it's an old version (1.0).
The Maven artifacts don't have source and Javadocs available, so I
decided to git svn clone instead.

First problem: ddlutils is a subdirectory of the ASF repo, which has
more than one _million_ revisions.

Second problem: git svn clone seems to have no way around that. It
wants to scan the whole history...

Third problem: ... but it fails doing so because of a permission problem:

----
fg@erwin ~/src $ git svn clone -s http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/ddlutils/
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/fg/src/ddlutils/.git/
Using higher level of URL: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/ddlutils
=> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf
W: Ignoring error from SVN, path probably does not exist: (160013):
Filesystem has no item: File not found: revision 100, path
'/db/ddlutils'
W: Do not be alarmed at the above message git-svn is just searching
aggressively for old history.
This may take a while on large repositories
Found possible branch point:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/sandbox/sql/trunk =>
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/ddlutils/trunk, 161478
Initializing parent: refs/remotes/trunk@161478
W: Ignoring error from SVN, path probably does not exist: (160013):
Filesystem has no item: File not found: revision 101, path
'/jakarta/commons/sandbox/sql/trunk'
W: Do not be alarmed at the above message git-svn is just searching
aggressively for old history.
This may take a while on large repositories
URL access forbidden for unknown reason: access to
'/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default' forbidden at
/usr/libexec/git-core/git-svn line 5149
----

I am ready to take the 1M+ tolls of revision as I'm really no fan of
SVN at all and am ready to support the costs of git svn fetch at
regular intervals. But I don't know what to do with this error... Can
anybody help?

--
Francis Galiegue, fgaliegue@gmail.com
"It seems obvious [...] that at least some 'business intelligence'