Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brill Pappin <jo...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/11 19:08:12 UTC

another public plugin not working properly

trying to release I'm getting this error:

Project ID: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin

Reason: Error getting POM for
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin' from the repository:
Failed to resolve artifact, possibly due to a repository list that is
not appropriately equipped for this artifact's metadata.
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:pom:2.0-beta-5-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

notice the snapshot is beta-5 but the repository listed only seems to
have beta-4.

This is going through maven-proxy to I may have a misconfiguration...

- Brill Pappin

Re: another public plugin not working properly

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 9/12/06, Brill Pappin <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes I understand that... in fact I do have
> http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository
> listed (afaik is the apache snapshot repo).
>
> seems I need the pluginRepositories section as well as the
> repositories section in the pom or plugins don't get resolved through
> the proxy.

This is documented in two spots:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-plugin-snapshot-repositories.html
and
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Patching+Maven+Plugins

Re: another public plugin not working properly

Posted by Brill Pappin <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.