Posted to dev@daffodil.apache.org by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org> on 2020/10/30 19:23:26 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil (incubating) 3.0.0-rc1

Hi all,

I'd like to call a vote to release Apache Daffodil (incubating) 3.0.0-rc1.

All distribution packages, including signatures, digests, etc. can be
found at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/daffodil/3.0.0-rc1/

Staging artifacts can be found at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedaffodil-1019/

This release has been signed with PGP key 36F3494B033AE661,
corresponding to slawrence@apache.org, which is included in the KEYS
file here:

https://downloads.apache.org/incubator/daffodil/KEYS

The release candidate has been tagged in git with v3.0.0-rc1.

For reference, here is a list of all closed JIRAs tagged with 3.0.0:

https://s.apache.org/daffodil-issues-3.0.0

For a summary of the changes in this release, see:

https://daffodil.apache.org/releases/3.0.0/

Please review and vote. The vote will be open for at least 72 hours
(Monday, 2 November 2020, 3:30 EST).

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,
- Steve

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil (incubating) 3.0.0-rc1

Posted by "Beckerle, Mike" <mb...@owlcyberdefense.com>.
+1

I verified that build from source works, that all internal tests, and integration tests pass, and that regression tests of the release against all known (to me) DFDL schemas pass.

________________________________

Posted by Steve Lawrence <st...@gmail.com>.
Lola,

I just noticed the NOT OK on the rat check. The .bsp/ directory is a
generated file that is generated when you start sbt using the sbt
console, e.g.

  $ sbt
  > ratCheck

If instead you run it without the console, e.g.:

  $ sbt ratCheck

then sbt doesn't generate this file and that ratCheck passes.

The ratCheck command is supposed to use the .gitignore file to ignore
file, which includes the .bsp directory, so I'm not sure why that isn't
working.

But this .bsp directory should just be ignored and doesn't affect the
rat results since it is auto generated. I'll create a ticket to get this
fixed so we can run ratCheck from the console, but I don't think is
considered a release stopper.

Posted by Olabusayo Kilo <ok...@owlcyberdefense.com>.
+1

--
Best Regards,
Lola K.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil (incubating) 3.0.0-rc1

Posted by Steve Lawrence <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

I checked:

[OK] incubating in name
[OK] hashes and signatures of source and helper binaries are correct
[OK] signature of git tag is correct
[OK] source release matches git tag (minus KEYS file)
[OK] source compiles and all tests pass (both en_US and de_DE LANG)
[OK] jars in helper binaries and the repository are exactly the same
[OK] src, bins, and jars include correct LICENSE/NOTICE/DISCLAIMER
[OK] RAT check passes
[OK] no unexpected binaries in source
[OK] jars built from source have the same content as helper binary jars
[OK] distributed dependencies in helper binaries are same as from maven
[OK] rpm and msi install and run

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.
Mike updated the unsupported page in in preparation for this release:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-daffodil-site/commit/8c9d65b641b4a6447b6f1e96acc788a9a8cd2071

I've confirmed that it all looks accurate.

I've also updated the wiki to mention updating this page.

Thanks!
- Steve

Posted by "Adams, Joshua" <ja...@owlcyberdefense.com>.
Voting again since my first vote got moderated (forgot to add my updated email address).

+1

Checked:

[OK]  "incubating" in name
[OK]  tgz and zip files contain the same files
[OK]  Verified all signatures
[OK]  Source builds and tests as expected
[OK]  No prebuilt binaries in src

Josh Adams