Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Verhage <pe...@ibuildings.nl> on 2000/09/21 15:35:56 UTC

mail.xml

How do I get the mail.xml sample to work? I probably have to install a
class or something but which, and where, and how? :)
I have the linux jdk 1.2.2 installed...

I get the following error message at the moment:

              java.lang.Exception: XSP Java Compiler: Compilation failed
for _mail.java
              21: Class javax.mail.Session not found in import.
                    import javax.mail.Session;
                           ^
              23: Class javax.mail.Store not found in import.
                    import javax.mail.Store;
                           ^
              25: Class javax.mail.Folder not found in import.
                    import javax.mail.Folder;
                           ^
              27: Class javax.mail.Message not found in import.
                    import javax.mail.Message;
                           ^
              29: Class javax.mail.Address not found in import.
                    import javax.mail.Address;
                           ^
              31: Class javax.mail.Part not found in import.
                    import javax.mail.Part;
                           ^
              33: Class javax.mail.Multipart not found in import.
                    import javax.mail.Multipart;
                           ^
              35: Class javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage not found in
import.
                    import javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage;
                           ^
              37: Class javax.mail.internet.MimePart not found in
import.
                    import javax.mail.internet.MimePart;
                           ^
              9 errors

                      at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor.compile(XSPJavaProcessor.java,
Compiled Code)
                      at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java,
Compiled Code)
                      at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java,
Compiled Code)
                      at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Cocoon.java,
Compiled Code)
                      at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled Code)
                      at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java,
Compiled Code)
                      at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java, Compiled
Code)
                      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java, Compiled
Code)

With best regards,

Peter

--
Peter Verhage       <pe...@ibuildings.nl>
ibuildings.nl BV - information technology

Re: mail.xml

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Peter Verhage wrote:

> Russ White wrote:
> >
> > You need the JavaMail API, which you can download and find documentation on
> > installing and using, at
> >
> > http://www.java.sun.com/products/javamail/index.html
>
> Yeah, i just figured that out myself. Thank you for the information.

note ugo cei is working on making the mail logicsheet usable instead of
simply interesting. you may wish to collaborate with him if you're looking
to do something with him. i'm happy to commit patches to it - i'm not
actively developing it and would love it if someone would take ownership
and make it really rock.

- donald

logicsheets?

Posted by Benjamin Dixon <be...@arches.uga.edu>.
Hi all,

I'm relatively new to cocoon and I'm wondering what the procedure is for
writing things like the mail.xml file discussed earlier. How do you
associate Java code with a tagset and what part does the logicsheet play
in all this?

Ben

Re: mail.xml

Posted by Peter Verhage <pe...@ibuildings.nl>.