Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by "Ellis, Tom (Financial Markets IT)" <To...@LloydsBanking.com.INVALID> on 2016/05/23 15:32:29 UTC

Row Filtering/Cell Masking

Hi Ranger Dev,

I've seen in the Ranger JIRA (RANGER-873) and looked through the source on github the implementation of a framework for row filtering and cell masking, with a particular implementation for Hive (RANGER-895).

I was wondering if this is also planned for HBase, and when this would likely be available?

Cheers,

Tom Ellis
Consultant Developer - Excelian
Data Lake | Financial Markets IT
LLOYDS BANK COMMERCIAL BANKING
________________________________

E: Tom.Ellis@LloydsBanking.com<ma...@LloydsBanking.com>
Website: www.lloydsbankcommercial.com<http://www.lloydsbankcommercial.com/>
, , ,
Reduce printing. Lloyds Banking Group is helping to build the low carbon economy.
Corporate Responsibility Report: www.lloydsbankinggroup-cr.com/downloads<http://www.lloydsbankinggroup-cr.com/downloads>

Lloyds Banking Group plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC95000. Telephone: 0131 225 4555. Lloyds Bank plc. Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no. 2065. Telephone 0207626 1500. Bank of Scotland plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC327000. Telephone: 03457 801 801. Cheltenham & Gloucester plc. Registered Office: Barnett Way, Gloucester GL4 3RL. Registered in England and Wales 2299428. Telephone: 0345 603 1637

Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority.

Cheltenham & Gloucester plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Cheltenham & Gloucester Savings is a division of Lloyds Bank plc.

HBOS plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC218813.

This e-mail (including any attachments) is private and confidential and may contain privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete it (including any attachments) immediately. You must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it or any attachments. Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded.

Re: Row Filtering/Cell Masking

Posted by Balaji Ganesan <ba...@gmail.com>.
Tom, can you create a JIRA for this?  It would be good to get requirements
in the JIRA

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.