Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Greg Strobl <Gr...@AnalyticalHealthcare.com> on 2003/03/11 17:22:25 UTC

SSL Problem

Hi,

I'm in the process of moving our standalone Tomcat server from windows to
Linux. I am running 4.1.18 on both. On windows everything is working as
expected. However, I am having trouble getting the SSL to work on Linux.
When I initially install tomcat and setup SSL, it works. Then after some
amount of time or some event (I don't know which) it fails. Specifically, it
fails when the browser tries to access a page via HTTPS (HTTP works fine.)
In IE, I get a "page cannot be displayed" page. In Netscape (7.x) I get
"<server> has received an incorrect or unexpected message. Error Code:
-12227" error.

Researching "Error Code: -12227" leads one to believe the server is
expecting client side authentication. In my SSL connector, I have
clientAuth="false". My log files don't indicate any errors and the
connectors appear to be starting up fine.

Any help figuring out what the problem is would be much appreciated.

Here are the specs on my server:
Server: Apache Tomcat/4.1.18-LE-jdk14
JVM: (Sun) 1.4.1_01-b01
Linux: 2.4.18-64GB-SMP

Greg Strobl

Tomcat HTTPS/Pulling hair out

Posted by Jubal Skaggs <ju...@admin.state.ak.us>.
I'm running sparc solaris, tomcat-le-4.1.18, jdk14.  When running https
for a while (or loading it with jmeter for a short time) https quits
responding and I get this message in catalina.out:

"All threads are busy,waiting. Please increase maxThreads or check the
servlet status75 75"

Forcing me to bounce the tomcat server.

The only thing that shed any light on the problem was this link:
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg79215.html
(an old post to this list) that describes modifying
PoolTcpEndpoint.java, recompiling to get a new tomcat-util.jar, and
replacing the one thats there.

I've done as the link says but I'm not positive it worked.  Can anyone
confirm this fixes the problem?

Can anyone suggest an alternative?  Management wants to stay away from
putting apache in front of tomcat because of the added complexity.  Is
that the only alternative?

Thanks so much!  :-)
-Jubal Skaggs