Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dave Syer <da...@hotmail.com> on 2006/08/20 12:08:53 UTC

Re: antrun classpaths

> I give. None of this works.

See here http://www.nabble.com/M2-antrun-plugin-problem-tf1400135.html for
the explanation and an example...

Re: antrun classpaths

Posted by Lee Meador <le...@leemeador.com>.
Here is how I got it to work:

In the POM I have this:

<plugin>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <phase>generate-sources</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>run</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <tasks>
                <property refid="maven.compile.classpath"
name="cp2"></property>
                <ant inheritRefs="true" antfile="build.xml"
dir="${basedir}">
                  <target name="axisWsdl2Java"></target>
                </ant>
              </tasks>
              <sourceRoot>${project.build.directory
}/generated-sources/java</sourceRoot>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

Furthermore, I have added the axis-ant jar to the dependencies in the
compile classpath. (NOTE: It just occurred to me that it should probably be
in the test classpath or somewhere else that doesn't get it into my ear
file. Does anyone have a suggestion as to which classpath is the appropriate
place for a jar that is used only to generate code in an ant script that is
called during the generate sources phase?)

Anyway, then I put the following in my build.xml:

    <path id="axis.classpath" path="${cp2}"></path>

    <taskdef name="axis-wsdl2java" classname="
org.apache.axis.tools.ant.wsdl.Wsdl2javaAntTask">
        <classpath refid="axis.classpath" />
    </taskdef>

Then use 'axis-wsdl2java' in the normal way to generate java from the wsdl
using the axis ant tool.

-- Lee

On 8/20/06, Dave Syer <da...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > I give. None of this works.